Sunday, March 23, 2014

Weekend Stitching and the Duncaster Show Continues


I want to finish putting the binding onto "Blue Check" a contemporary quilt of my own design inspired by Kaffe Fassett. Check back for a report on my progress.
And yes, that is my Green Machine, a vintage Sears Kenmore from the 1950's. It is my 'go to' machine. Those of you who know me from quilt retreats know it is with me when the Featherweight is not.


The exihibit of my art quilt group, The Connecticut Fiber Arts Collective (CTFAC) http://ctfac.blogspot.com  "Spring Thaw"continues at the Duncaster Retirement Center in Bloomfield http://duncaster.org through this March 28, 2014.  We were overwhelmed with the interest the group showed in us and our work. The reception included music and gallery talks by members of CTFAC.  The Duncaster Center is located at 40 Loeffler Road, Bloomfield, CT 06002.
Here Antonia Torres (right) and I walking to the exhibit area to talk with attendees about our creative process. 
Artwork by Rosalind Spann
Artwork by Karen Loprete
Irises by Carol R. Eaton 
Artwork by Christina Blais

    Here I am discussing our Grey Matter Challenge







3 comments:

  1. Your Blue Check quilt looks good (what I can see), but I don't think Kaffe's quilts have that much contrast! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Blue Checks - so vibrant - so YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Wednesday and that binding is still a work in progress!

    ReplyDelete