Saturday, March 22, 2014

Woodland Inspirations - Southford Falls State Park

This year is the 100th anniversary celebration of Connecticut State Parks. 

I have set a goal for myself to to hike in as many parks as possible this year. The thing that may surprise you is how many state parks (and national forests) there are in Connecticut. To find a park near you search the website of the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP)  www.ct.gov/deep 

Here are some photos I took at Southford Falls State Park in Oxford this week. What a glorious time of year---the transition between winter and spring. I am inspired by the sun, clouds, and water. I love the shadows that are cast by the trees on the snow-covered forest floor. 





2 comments:

  1. I'd love to share your journey of hiking the parks of CT - let me know if/when you want company :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many lovely parks. I'll give you a call!

    ReplyDelete